Become A Member of Chelsea Opera's Volunteer Organization "Friends of Chelsea Opera"
Opera Volunteers are involved in every aspect of Chelsea Opera from working on office matters, setting up events, organizing fundraisers, ushering at performances, and much more.
Volunteers are an essential and vital part of the health and strength of Chelsea Opera. We look forward to adding you as a member of our volunteer family and thank those of you who are already involved.
Each semester, including the summer, we engage management interns to assist in all areas of artistic research, administration, fund raising, contracting, grant writing, marketing, press, and board relations.
Opportunities for volunteer service with Chelsea Opera vary throughout the season and from show to show. Share your time and talent for a worthwhile cause.
No prior experience is required, we will provide any necessary guidance and/or training. If you are interested in working with us, please inquire about available opportunities by calling, writing or contacting us:
Phone: 212.260.1796 or 917-912-3778
or e-mail us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
mail: Chelsea Opera, PO Box 277, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10112-0277
Become a Chelsea Opera Volunteer and see the show from the ‚Äúinside.‚Ä?
Tapping into their particular talents, skills and interests, Chelsea Opera Volunteers get to see how one of America‚Äôs finest small opera companies is run and how an opera comes together from concept through the excitement of opening night! You can be involved in every aspect of Chelsea Opera, including:
- assist with day-to-day activities
- set up events
- organize fundraisers
- conduct grants and prospective donor research
- work in public relations and marketing
- design new ways to attract audiences
- write a bi-annual newsletter
- assist the production staff
(assistant director, assistant conductor, assistant stage manager)
- work as back stage ‚Äútechnical‚Ä?helpers
(costumes, sets, props, lighting, make-up)
- design program layouts
- sell program advertising and secure raffle prizes
- serve as ushers and box office staff
Volunteers can assist as:
- Friends of Chelsea Opera (FOCO) ‚Ä?a group of opera-lovers who are an essential and vital part of the health and strength of Chelsea Opera
- Internship ‚Ä?qualified high school and/or college students interested in service to an arts organization, working through one or more semesters (fall, spring or summer)
- Internships require a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Volunteers have the opportunity to socialize with members of the staff, performers, and other volunteers. Interns can potentially earn academic credit, subject to approval by their institution.
No prior experience is required. Chelsea Opera will provide any necessary guidance and/or training. Your commitment can be flexible and may be from a few hours during a production to working several hours each week.
If you are interested in working with us, please inquire about available opportunities.
E-mail us at: ChelseaOpera@aol.com or email@example.com
Mail: Chelsea Opera, PO Box 277, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0277
Please include a brief description of your interest(s) and any related experience. If appropriate and available, please also send your professional resume so we can best place you in our organization.